The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tasty Food

+3
Einstein
Mister Dicey
Onions
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tasty Food Empty Tasty Food Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:06 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

What good tavern is complete without some tasty food?

Tasty Food Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOViL6h_OrGEkkZurUVBMvGLjl_cG0NOi_IKu7xJs4UAiPBJXIMA mmmmm.... oh wait what?

Yeah, so here I suggest we put our favorite foods in there.. or pictures of them. Maybe recipes too. I've been using this guy's recipe for General Tso's chicken.

I don't recommend the sesame seeds at the end.. and instead of garlic, I use spicy peppers, like red or green spicy chili's. And ofcourse the tastiest onions hehe.

Which tasty foods do you like?

2Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Well, since you bring it up, I made this the other day...

Tasty Food Noimage

(The picture's a link to the recipe)

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

3Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

My girlfriend and me are in the lucky situation, that we have different cultural background and being able to cook very well.

I can cook almost everything from the german, austrian and italian cuisine, while she can cook almost anything from the russian and kazakh cuisine.

Tasty Food P1010379

This are "Rindsrouladen mit Spätzle", one of my german favorites.

And this are Manti, a traditional kazakh food that we cook twice a month. Tastes so good, much better than it looks like^^ It is funny, we even have the exactly same pot to cook them in steam.

4Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

If those are pictures of your cooking, I would be super impressed. They look scruptious!
So, if my extemely bad memory of German serves me, Manti would basically be pork and onion steamed dumplings? And I have no idea about the Rindsrouladen.

5Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

These are not the pictures of my cooking, but I have to say (really no boasting), that my beef rolls (Rindsroulade) are not looking a bit worse than these here for sure. The sauce I make is more thick and a bit lighter (it is a cream sauce with a touch of mustard and green pepper). I love cooking since my childhood, worked as a cook, but never had an official training.

The stuffing of the manti is traditionally pork, onion, maybe a carrot and some spices. But with cream cheese, capsicums, onions, black bread its tasty as well. But manti is no german recipe, it is from Kazakhstan or from the orient in general.

...btw, the chocolate, caramel tart I will try next year... my girlfriend loves caramel and this looks rly awesome.

6Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:58 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I like most of food what I know, and I like to eat either. I dont rly have favorite food, but if I must name it, it would be "Brassov roast". Idk if this name is correct just translated with google. But its potato+stew basically.

7Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

baaron7 wrote:I like most of food what I know, and I like to eat either. I dont rly have favorite food, but if I must name it, it would be "Brassov roast". Idk if this name is correct just translated with google. But its potato+stew basically.

Mm.. like this?
Tasty Food 201302105399

This looks pretty tasty too.
Tasty Food Oreganos-pizza

8Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:39 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

eheh yeah, that pizza-like thing looks great Drunk
and yeah, it looks like that, but I preffer it with less liquid :D

9Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:22 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

baaron7 wrote:eheh yeah, that pizza-like thing looks great Drunk
and yeah, it looks like that, but I preffer it with less liquid :D

That pizza does look seriously tasty. So does this chicken pot pie..
Tasty Food Chicken-pie-rs-1873092-l
Drunk

10Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:50 am

UnsavouryCharlot

UnsavouryCharlot
Adventurer
Adventurer

I love Wiener Schnitzel, best one I had was in Munich.

11Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:10 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Tomorrow me and my GF go to my parents deep in the Allgäu (near Castle Neuschwanstein).

There we will eat Kässpatzen:

Tasty Food Kc3a4sspatzen

My mother makes the best Kässpatzen of this galaxy for sure. Self made Spatzen (its a kind of noodle), three different kinds of cheese (Appenzeller, Limburger and young Gouda). And many, many roasted onions. Spices are just salt and pepper. Only thing else needed is a bit parsley.

It is one of my all time favorites!

12Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:06 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Einstein wrote:

And many, many roasted onions.

Tasty Food Many_roasted_onions_zpsd16f02e0

Tasty Food Tasty-Kitchen-Blog-Lets-Talk-Onions-00

Tasty Food French_onion_chicken_sandwiches_zps0a482c4b Tasty Food Philly_steak_and_cheese_with_onions_zpsfdd4b3ac

Tasty Food Exps20362_TH10384D61A Tasty Food Onion_sammich_zpsf0e4239f

Cool

13Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Just made that first recipe I posted and have a picture.. But then I thought, what if we submitted our food to the Pathfinder Society to buy as buffs like in Wizardry Online and Gilgamesh's Tavern.

I present to you..
Tasty Food Meow_tsos_onions_xxl_menu2_zpsa38b315b

14Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Kaesspatzen probably roughly works out to be similar to Macaroni Cheese. But with more cheeses. If I can get it, I like to cook that sort of thing with a mix of Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, Gruyere and Parmesan.

One of these days I'll take a photo of something I've cooked and post the picture and recipe here...

15Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Recently aquired a waffle iron and have been making a couple of waffles. There's not a whole point in taking a picture of them since they don't look particularly special, but here's a tasty recipe...

Potato Waffles

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
2 cups of grated potato (roughly 3 medium potatoes)

Instructions
Plonk everything in a bowl and mix until combined, then cook in a waffle iron until they're done to your satisfaction. (More precisely: sift in dry ingredients, then gradually add wet ingredients to avoid lumps)
Recipe makes 4-8.

16Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

I was just thinking about some fish.. then I was thinking about some pancakes.. so I decided to look for images of fish and pancakes and found this. Mmm.
Tasty Food Th?id=OIP.M6cee535a27415902dcd53f098a876cbeo0&pid=15

17Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I tried this receipt yesterday, easy and awesome good :3

Tasty Food Waffle10

Mister Dicey wrote:Recently aquired a waffle iron and have been making a couple of waffles. There's not a whole point in taking a picture of them since they don't look particularly special, but here's a tasty recipe...

Potato Waffles

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
2 cups of grated potato (roughly 3 medium potatoes)

Instructions
Plonk everything in a bowl and mix until combined, then cook in a waffle iron until they're done to your satisfaction. (More precisely: sift in dry ingredients, then gradually add wet ingredients to avoid lumps)
Recipe makes 4-8.

18Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:59 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Pancakes sound so yummy. I would make some, but I don't want to. ; _ ;.

19Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Wow, forgot about this thread. We miss you, onions!

In the meantime, I made some Chilli Jam. Tweaked a little from that, 'cause I used habaneros and balsamic vinegar instead, but seems pretty good.

20Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Hehe, much has happened, I learned the inner secrets of making premade pancakes. Hehe! Well from mix.

Well maybe not the inner secrets either.. But I make a nice fluffy tasty pancake. With tasty syrup and purrhaps a yummy cup of milk, breakfasts will never be the same. (on Saturday.)

21Tasty Food Empty Re: Tasty Food Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Quark

Quark
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Hah hah, nice. I really like those fluffy pancakes with a Rogan Josh curry. Which seems like a strange combo, but there you go. I'm just more of a savoury pancake person.

My go to special-but-simple treat recently has been a quick fudge, kinda like this one. There's a degree of variability, but it's so much easier than the candy thermometer rubbish you have to go through for conventional fudge. Throw it in the freezer if it's not solidifying well. I've also done well adapting that recipe for a bunch of other flavours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]