The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingmaker Group 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Kingmaker Group 1 Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:45 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

From various conversations with The Black Vegetable, it sounds like the group is more or less ready to go, but live games are prefered, at least to begin with. I myself am flexible with times, but I'm thinking that 1-ish on Saturdays is probably a good time for everyone. I am, of course, open to suggestions on times and places.
I know that people have their character sheets pretty much ready to go, but since I haven't actually seen some of them I'd rather leave the opening post for a little while.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

2Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{I expect story of Group1 :D}

3Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:39 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I can dictate it if you want.

4Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

I'll put some sort of transcription or summary on here after each live session so I can check over it.

Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned, but if it helps there's a player's guide to kingmaker here.

5Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Just downloaded it this morning. How strictly are you following its content?

6Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

At the moment, not very. Mostly it just gives a feel for the setting. If you include things from it in your backstory or something, I'll give you one of those campaign traits in addition to whatever else.

The things about leaders &c. won't come in for a little while, so you can skim over that for now.  However, the exploring hex thing will be handy for you.

Oh, and since I'm not sure about what the other 2 members of the group are doing I'll hope that that they're good for the 30th as an initial session.

7Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Bard guy is fine, cleric guy should (he doesn't do anything but Uni) and I'm not sure about the other guy (he probably can't make it.

8Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

If you can, can you please get them onto the forum or something so I can communicate directly? I'm now not totally sure who and how many people we have. As far as I remember, we had a Bard, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue and Fighter, all of whom can come.

9Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Bard dude can't make it, but hasn't really made a character. Cleric has confirmed and I've linked him to the forum.

10Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

We can probably rearrange times then. I know Van de Rede is fine over the weekends, so maybe Sunday fits better? Or maybe just a different Saturday... It's late notice now, but how free is everyone for this Saturday?

11Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:46 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I can't do this Saturday... All but one can play on the 30th, and he isn't too serious about it.

12Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Let's stick with the 30th then and he will have to live with his lack of dedication.

13Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Just a reminder that the session is on tomorrow at 1.

14Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

There's three coming with me (including myself). Jono knows the cleric dude, sort of.

15Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:47 pm

The Sunbound

The Sunbound
Adventurer
Adventurer

Better late than never.
I shall be your Cleric for better or for worse throughout the campaign.
I'll be attempting Lawful Good so you hopefully won't have any uh shenanigans that are common with my neutral and evil characters.

16Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Summary of the session}
You met at Oleg's, heard about a group of bandits probably attacking the place on the following day, and laid a trap for them. You easily suprised them and defeated them. Oleg gave you free bread and board at the post for the duration of your expedition as reward.
After questioning one of the survivors, you discovered that the rest of the group will probably come looking for them when they don't come back, and probably torch the trading post in the process.
Having learnt this, you got the bandits to draw you a map to their camp, followed it, and defeated the bandits with aid of two vials of alchemists fire strapped to an arrow. You tied up their leader, Kressle, and returned her to Oleg's for watching over.
Selling the Bandit's loot, Oleg asked if you'd seen a ring. You hadn't. Supposedly, the bandits had taken Svetlana's (That is, Oleg's Wife) wedding ring. Oleg would like it back, if you can find it.
Also back at the trading post, some guards have come, lead by a man named Kesten Garess.
You heard some rumours of some native dragons called Tatzylwyrms that are supposedly quite fearsome, and of a crazy old hermit who lives in the southeast and brews potions.
You then set out exploring the area, as you were tasked to do. It took a long while for some of you to get much done, but after 4 days you mapped your first bit of the area. You then returned to Oleg's to buy some much-needed food and bedding. While there, you met a traveling priest named Jhod Kavken. He claimed to be looking for a lost temple of Erastil, now home to a strange bear. He offered his services in healing, should you need it.
You then returned to your explorations, this time to the southeast of Oleg's Trading Post. You did this more quickly (You got a lot less lost), exploring the area in only three days. On the third day, you found an old ramshackle hut belonging to the mad hermit, Bokken. You fixed up and cleaned his house, for which he was slightly saddened (But appreciated). He told you the the Stag Lord, a notorious bandit leader lived in an old fort by a lake far to the south, his even crazier cannibal brother who lives still further south, and a dangerous boar that lurks in the forest to the west.
He also says that his brother has an old amulet that contains a picture of his mother that he'd like back (But discouraged you from attempting because his brother is quite powerful) and requested that you bring him some Fangberries he needs for his potions (There's a patch to the southwest).
You continued your explorations to the south, running afoul of a giant trapdoor spider at nightfall on your first day. You defeated it fairly easily, recovering a treasure map from its lair afterwards (There's something buried under a tree that looks like a claw atop a hill). You mapped the remainder of the section in record time (for you).
There the session ended. You have spent 11 days in game time exploring now. You recieved 1000xp each over the session, and I didn't track how much gold.
I will upload your map at some later time (probably when I'm at uni instead of the bad home 'net).

{Game Text}
You spend the night camped out under the open sky, and the night passes without incident. You have each eaten another day's worth of food over the course of your last day exploring. Tharon, you recover your point of strength damage, and everyone recovers 1 HP if they needed to.
The morning of your new day seems to be encouraging. It's yet another pleasant, sunny day. You can see some clouds forming in the distance, and the local wildlife enjoying themselves basking in the sunlight. Birds sing, Elk frolic and giant trapdoor spiders lie in green splatters on the ground behind you.  What are your plans for the day?

{GM note}
I've given you some AS based on your activity in the session to make up for not being able to do it on the forum.
Also, since I don't have character sheets for you, I'm not going to be able to roll for you in secret. You'll have to include your rolls on here. There's a little thing that you can use to do that built into the site in the full editor. As a general rule, roll a d20 (or two) every post just in case I need it.

Last edited by Quark on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

17Kingmaker Group 1 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 1 Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

To prevent spoilers, please go here to continue the game. It's just a sub-forum in the pathfinder section.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum