The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tavern

+3
Mister Dicey
Einstein
baaron7
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

101The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:59 am

Onions

Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Merry Christmas to all of you also!

102The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:37 am

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer

Merry xmas

103The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:13 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Just returned from my "Homebase". I enjoyed a few wonderful winter days there with my parents and my girlfriend. It was just like... "Once upon a time..." so festive. Here a few impressions, hope you will like it:

The Tavern - Page 3 Foto1340_zps6b92f68e

The Tavern - Page 3 Foto1321_zps98895fea

The Tavern - Page 3 Foto1317_zps9989cfbe

The Tavern - Page 3 20150101_111433_zps5238f00d

The Tavern - Page 3 20150101_111221_zps938bfbcb

104The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Ohhh, I like these photos, They're romantic and beautiful . XDD
Here are the mountains I went these days, green green everywhere.

The Tavern - Page 3 Img_2011

The Tavern - Page 3 Img_2010

105The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

I love the small road on the second photo!
Here in europe the stones of such ways look different, more romanian style (square) and I love the look of those chinese roads.
Post more please.

106The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I am glad you like it =3
Here are some photos includes stone road, I don't have many about them :P

The Tavern - Page 3 S110

The Tavern - Page 3 Dsc00810

The Tavern - Page 3 Dsc00110

107The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:46 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Daydream wrote:

The Tavern - Page 3 S110

The Tavern - Page 3 Dsc00810

Ooooooo. Some yummy ducks, and of course a nice little secret forest path.

108The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:42 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

That forest path looks awesome wushu-stylish. Thx for sharing^^

Here is a photo of my parents cat (Bubi):

The Tavern - Page 3 Foto1348_zps1cb00ce1

109The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Hi, Bubi, here is my mom's rabbit: NiangNiang, a hornorific name of Queen in Chinese , We had tried to rename her, but it was useless......
The Tavern - Page 3 Img_2014

110The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:17 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

hihi... the name is very fitting. She shines with dignity and wisdom^^ (and looks quite big)

111The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Yes. she is big, I think as the same as Bubi or bigger ^^
and she is not wisdom, all she concerns is food XD

112The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:45 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Daydream wrote:she is not wisdom, all she concerns is food XD

How is there no wisdom in this? XD

113The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Onions wrote:
Daydream wrote:she is not wisdom, all she concerns is food XD

How is there no wisdom in this? XD

XDDDDD

114The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:42 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Here comes a question, why you like the tabletop game like PF and D&D?(or others)
I like them because they have some uncertainty and ideally you can do what you want in the game.
(e.g. flying cat attacking)

{Off} I lost in Wiz8 again and 3 members were killed by the ferocious dogs XDD
and I wonder why people need playing, too.

115The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:34 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

I do like the flexibility in what you can do. It's something that is quite lacking in electronic games. Only in tabletop RPGs can you have a character who fights with household items and fresh fruit (I am actually doing this in a separate live game).

I haven't been doing a great job of it in the online sessions, but I do like being able to really give my characters distinct personalities. Your characters can really live in a way that they can't electronically. I'm sure that all of this will be super handy when/if I eventually get around to writing a book, which is something I've been meaning to try for ages but have never quite gotten around to doing.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

116The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:37 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Quark wrote:I'm sure that all of this will be super handy when/if I eventually get around to writing a book, which is something I've been meaning to try for ages but have never quite gotten around to doing.

Good idea! and I strongly recommend your duel character big paw as a main character in the book! :P

117The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

I suppose there's nothing stopping me from writing a few paragraphs at a time on here or something. I've got some characters concepts I could work on a little maybe. I'll try to keep them short and humourous, maybe some anecdotes from other games. Or I can probably do requests.

In the same vein, I'd probably do a web comic eventually, if I could draw. Since it's another thing I've been meaning to get around to doing. I could maybe combine the two, but drawing stuff takes a bit of time, unless I do it particularly badly. I might start with a little character I call the Telephone Dog if I do.

The Telephone Dog:

Occasionally group 1 writes stuff, which I could probably share (with their permission).

118The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:52 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

At least you have the idea and some results, the comic would be interesting even the dog is simple, story is more important than your drawing skills I think. :D
Now I am trying to developing a tabletop game online platform (it's my project in the web class),
I hope the players can feel what you said, creating a story or something. Not sure this is a good idea, I am stilling thinking about why RPG, D&D, MMO, PF....etc appeals people. The platform logo maybe the Flying Ninja tree that Lakatos (or Sandron?) had mentioned before. lol

----I want to see the group 1's story, they are too funny.XD-----

119The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:13 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thats the Invisible Flying Ninja Treetrapper who killed that mad trapper lad in the forest.

120The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Here's a level up text (Spoilers emitted)

By Malagbaal:

The notorious cake incident

By Vaan de Rede:

Oh yes, and there was also the incident where Razortongue (The party's rogue from above) glued herself to the roof of the stable at Oleg's. Although that's about the whole story.

121The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:42 pm

The Sunbound

The Sunbound
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unluckily group 1 is home to 3 very head strong players (Myself included Grin ).
Thinking first isn't exactly something we're good at, teleporting onto giant floating lobsters is one of our specialities though.
Also hello, I beleive this is the first time I've actually used this lower forum section or have had proper communication with group 2 even though this chat has been open for nealry a year :3

122The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

I can't remember if I mentioned...
When group 2 were wandering around in the trap hex, they were looking for the Boar named Tuskgutter (Remember him?). They didn't find any trace of him, and so they wondered if he was flying. Which, you may recall, was exactly the same hex where you found the fey boars...

Oh yes, and the flying ninja trapper tree. I can't remember where that came from, but it was fun. That was a group 2 thing.

123The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 pm

The Sunbound

The Sunbound
Adventurer
Adventurer

Those Fey boar were nightmares...
It seems both groups have fallen prey to your interesting creations, Flying boars, Rock Lobsters, Ninja Trees.

124The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

That would be Roc Lobster. Combination of Roc and Lobster. Pun strikes again! Muhahahahah! Devil I take full credit for that one.
The flying pigs were just boars with the fey template (although I think I'd prefer fungal in hindsight), so I'm can't actually take credit for that. Template served its purpose though; you haven't forgotten about it. And the flying ninja trapper tree just somehow got built up in conversation and I had completely forgotten that I was going to actually make a stat block for that at some stage. You might get to be my test subjects for that...

Since we're here, any monster requests? Monster designing is fun (If tricky)

125The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:21 am

The Sunbound

The Sunbound
Adventurer
Adventurer

You know I would be tempted to give you suggestions but I have a feeling that Brairford would fall under their twisted gaze. I've sadly had ideas for my own campaign and I've tried to adapt the Vraal from Deltora quest over to pathfinder. I mean who doesn't love a giant blind t-rex death machine.
The Tavern - Page 3 Vraal

126The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:44 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

It's quite possible, although if it's under CR 7 I wouldn't bother with it. for the other group, however...

Anyway, I'll only put in things you suggest if you want to see them used. Or alternatively we can have maybe some online test things so you can see how they work out. Speaking also of which, it's been a while since we've had a challenge thingie/Duel (aka Minmax festivals)

127The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

The Sunbound

The Sunbound
Adventurer
Adventurer

We should have a Masked Wrestler Monk Challenge.
Make the best Grapple monk and see who can out pin who.

128The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Interesting choice. I'd certainly like to try something like a monk showdown. Maybe level 5 and at least one level in monk?
Monk/Magus could be interesting. Possibly even Monk/Swashbuckler (although you'd need feats to make your unarmed stike do piercing damage).

Anyway, to get away from that, I'm doing my Masters. To illustrate what I'll be able to do at the end of it, I present this Comic:
The Tavern - Page 3 2013-04-15-MagicEye

129The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:19 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{Monster}
I like Quark's design about Mad Baker, his partners can be a party consist of crazy breads.
Then after we beat the crazy bread we can have breakfast for many days XD
I also like my multiple-copy-design monster Michelin. It is a good member in cooking and surviving,
cuz I set its special ability as Evaluate Food. XD

{Comic}
The comic got me. I like the term magic eye machine. I laughed out loud LOL LOL
Will you study fMRI? (Magic eye machine Lv10, function: Hey, there is a little dog in Quark's brain!)

{Duel}
I can use Haivy to attend the grapple duel directly. That will save so much time for me.

{Story}
Well, I havn't finished them. I need dictionary company with me to read XD

130The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:23 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

*Knocks the March 20th cobwebs off the Tavern thread, and makes a milkshake.*

Hmm, does anyone still come here?

131The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:20 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I think I've only used this board once, and that was to respond to a post by the mostly absent Van de Rede...

132The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:24 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Last night I had a drink here with that flying ninja tree trapper. Today a legendary hangover kicks my butt (and head)^^

133The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:10 am

Onions

Onions
Golden Cat Lord
Golden Cat Lord

Hehe. I just got a Shin Megami Tensei game from the Playstation Network. It is called Nocturne. It was for the PS2, but just now playing it. It is pretty cool, I like that there is no real voice acting to speak of, much better than the cheesy voice overs many games seem to get. That way I can put my OWN cheesy voice acting to it in my head at least.

I played the first persona game on the Playstation one a long time ago, I liked that it had the first person dungeon crawling perspectives of the old wizardry games, and it kinda had a more mordern feel to it, riding on the Y2K doom and gloom aspects of the time with a splash of japanese science fiction weirdness. The US release didn't have the weirdy naked stuff the Japanese version supposedly did, thankfully. If you can track it down and get it, I would suggest playing it. It could be "better' but was pretty cool. I tried the eternal punishment sequel, and I think i have to be more of an anime fan to get into it, so that has stymied my desire to partake of the later persona games.

I will say, I am not a japanese anime type person, and I REALLY enjoy at least the first parts of this Nocturne game. Meow.

134The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:05 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Nocturne?

Funny! I am just reading a book from the Horus Heresy Series about Vulcan, the primarch of the Salamander Space Marine Legion. Homeplanet: Nocturne^^

135The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Ah Vulcan. Pretty much the only primarch who doesn't give me a headache.

Also
Onions: "Oh spirit of war, give this warrior the strength to continue fighting, please.."
[Come on tasty roll]
Mr Dicey: 1

Well played Mr Dicey. Well Played.

136The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

The Black Vegetable wrote:Ah Vulcan. Pretty much the only primarch who doesn't give me a headache.

My favorite primarch is Corax, but you are right, Vulcan might be the most uncomplicated "demigod".

Btw, this spring I was reading the Night Lords trilogy and have to say: Best WH40k stuff since Gaunts Ghosts.
Just awesome. Aaron Dembski-Bowden succeeds to put real sympathy for those psychopaths in the heart of the reader.

137The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

The Black Vegetable

The Black Vegetable
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

He's writing the script for a high-end animated movie focussong on the Ordo Malleus. I think it's called "High Inquisitor," or something along those lines.

138The Tavern - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tavern Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:53 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

He is quite a freak imo^^ Love this guy Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3