The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingmaker Group 2

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

101Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Daydream

Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{Actually I am not sure I can use them, but it looks very cute :P}

102Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:11 am

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer

{Game Text}

Well, it seems our big guy is sleeping again. I'd like to hear his opinion as well, since he's one of our member, but I guess whatever is his opinion we'll go to thier base (just a guess). Question is, he'd like to take some items before we go.
The more we wait, the higher is the risk to an unsuccessful ambush.

By the way, Sandron, is Alby trained for combat?

{Off}

Yay, 100th post :D

103Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:00 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron:
"No, sorry. Alby is so small, that he won't be able to deal any damage to a human-sized creature. Imagine he is just 20 cm big. But nevertheless Alby is usefull. He helps me when sitting on my shoulder and his reactions alarm me before anyone else can see anything. Ok, I wouldn't know why Alby is alarmed, but I know that something will happen, sometimes it's just another owl or a cat, but sometimes it is real danger. Furthermore he wajes me when I sleep in the wilderness alone. Than he picks my nose if danger approaches. Ah, and once me and my mentor used him like carrier pigeon... but thats a story for a campfire talk."

off: GRATZ

104Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:39 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{GM Notes}
Assuming that you sell everything except the Alchemist's Fire and take those potions, you have 396gp to split as you will (99gp each if you do it evenly).  If it influences the splitting, each potion is worth 50gp and each vial of Alchemist's Fire is worth 20gp.

Haivy, you (and everyone else) can use Alchemist's fire. It's a liquid that ignites in contact with air. Throw it at a group of monsters (it does 1-6 damage) or use it to light fires &c.

Oh, and descriptions of the potions might be helpful... the two Cure Light Wounds potions heal 2-9 HP each and the Shield of Faith +2 potion gives you +2 to Armour Class for a minute.

And congratulations on post #100! Loving that everything's as active as it is =3
Sadly I couldn't think of more interesting titles later on (but no spoilers yet :P)

{To Einstein}
Nice to see Alby being useful to you =3. Since it seems appropriate, he can work a little bit like a familiar. When he's close to you, you gain a +2 bonus on Perception and Sense Motive checks.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

105Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:26 am

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

Oh, sorry for unexpected visiting devil on my shoulder, that's called narcolepsy I guess.
well, I think that plan is great and practical.
At last we're only a small survey, the best choice would be getting prepared and give them a sudden strike but not simple charges.

106Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
Right then, if there's nothing else you need or want to get, we'll get on our way.
This is your area map (with North at the top):
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 InitialMap_zpsbd763e2d
The Green Spot is Oleg's Trading Post (and your current location).

If you put most of your heavy gear such as saucepans, bedrolls, food &c. into the horses' saddlebags, the party will move at a speed of 3 miles per hour, and it will take you about 5 hours to travel as far south as you can see clearly on the map.

Bandit Leader wrote:We have our *bleep*ing camp about 25 miles south of this *bleep*ing shambles.

{Hint}
You might need to search the areas you travel through thoroughly to try to find the Bandit's camp. Anyway, that's also part of your quest.

{Game Text}
It's still raining lightly as you leave the trading post, bellies full with an excellent meal prepared by Svetlana and coin belts jingling with your newfound wealth.  Svetlana and Oleg wave you goodbye anxiously as they consider their fate should you fail...

107Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, lets share the gp fairly.
And now... ride... ride...ride (Alby is by my side^^)

....search....search....search (OMG I found a four-leaved clover)

108Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:20 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yeah, let's roll to the south!
Umm.. where is that exactly?

Between we'll have to travel like 8 hours. My question is: when shall we rest and how we will guard ourselves? I mean Sandron and Lydovec needs a complate 8-hour sleep to memorize thier spells (as I heard from them). I suggest 10 hours of resting: 2h Sand. - 6h Hi and me changing each other in every hour - 2h Lydo. I guess we should start resting when starting to get dark.
Or shall we rest? I guess we better rest before it, 'cause 8 hours of traveling is tiresome.

109Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{the progress goes so fast! Many English text  have to be read! :P}
I don't know where is it too XD
Getting base requires about 8.3 hours,  I suppose that it is the same time for those bandits...
consider of this, we don't have much time to rest if they always get back to the base immediately after robbery, the  Kressle people will find it's unsual after 8 ~9 hours, but if they don't... then we can have more time.

Can Lakatos ask their usual behaviors in other days? if we know their action pattern, we can estimate how long we can rest

110Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:19 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yeah, you're right. Then we'll rest after the bloodshed.
Well if we aren't started our traveling yet, I can ask the bandit, sure. Im just unsure if we're just making circles (searching for four-leaved clovers) or going to the south at the moment ^^

111Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron:

Comrades, we shouldn't forget that those bandits weren't even able to start their work. I think to search everything precious in that post would have taken at least 4 hours or so and those guys aren't hard workaholics. Than they had no horses. In my opinion we have enough time to rest if there is a coup de chance that we find that camp fast enough

And with my former post I meant I was looking for the horses of those guys It wasn't me 
So ofc we can ask em how the usual procedure is.

Ninja

Last edited by Einstein on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I love the ninja emoticon)

112Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

"Hm hm.. yeah, it's true Sandron, then I shall do the dirty job fast"
I said, then I hurry to the bandit leader. As I stop before him, I say:
"I forgot to ask one more thing, dear Leader. I want to know your mates usual behavior. Such as resting time, duration, and guarding system. This is my last question. You know the rules."

113Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

The Bandit leader spits. "Kressle normally has four *bleep*ers out hunting for food most of the time, and the remaining four on guard at the camp. All those *bleep*ers are normally back by nightfall. The *bleep*ing guards rotate every four hours.
Kressle's in *bleep*ing charge, so we haven't got a *bleep*ing clue what she *bleep*ing does most of the *bleep*ing time.
And don't waste your *bleep*ing time looking for *bleep*ing horses, we walked here."

114Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Haivy:
Oh....Sounds you are a little poor, but that doesn't mean you can rob others.
I reckon the timeline for bandits' actions.

AM 5:30 Bandits arrived the post.
AM 9:00 ~ AM 10:00 Bandits completed their job and leave.
PM 11:00~AM 1:00 Bandits got back to the camp(Since they have no horses and not hard-working)
(Kressle had a good sleep)
AM 7:00 Kressle felt something strange was happened

So if we get base around AM3:00~4:00 , we can attack sleeping ugly :P right?

115Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:42 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yep-yep. I only want to know, what time is it now. Bandit And we best to move.

{Off}

I just found out that this is a bandit emoticon :D

116Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Haivy:
Now is about 6 or 7 AM I guess(since the bandits came before the sunrise)
We can leave for base after breakfast, maybe AM8:00, and rest on the halfway.

117Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

Since those bandits are honesty enough to provide us information about their co-workers--as long as they didn't trick us-- maybe we have to start off earlier? Because we can not move pretty quick without horses in the rain.

118Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron:

I am ready to go. No problem^^

119Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Let's roll then :) I'm ready either

120Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:44 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Go :D

121Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
It's early spring, and as you leave it is about 2 hours after sunrise.  There should be about 8 hours before nightfall.

{Game Text}
It's a long trip south through the wet grasslands.  You follow an old game track, presumably made by large beasts such as the elk that thrive in the area.  The ground is muddy and slippery, but it's better than trying to wade through the knee-high grass that covers a lot of the plains. Wet elk herds huddle under the shelter of the occasional grove of trees, reluctant to expose themselves to the cold wind that blows from the frigid north for any longer than necessary.  There is almost no sign of activity from any sentient race; the area is completely untamed.
Progress is slower than might be hoped because of the weather, and it takes you to six hours to reach where you were aiming for rather than five.
To the west, you can see a large, dark forest.  Far to the south, the faint slopes of hills can be seen.
It's still raining, more's the pity, and you are all quite wet now.  The oil on your coats has helped you stay a lot drier though.

{More Information}
It is now about two hours before nightfall.
Your current postion on the map is indicated by the green dot.  Oleg's Trading post is now a house (I found some good images).
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 G2-1_zps476d46b5

122Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Hi:
Since we've traveled for 6 hours, I think we are close to the Kressle's camp, how do you think?

123Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

Lydo:
ya and we've to find them before night falls, or it will become much harder to do this without any torch in this running rain ...the only good news might be it covered us so we can get closer to them more easily.

124Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Okay, so what are you going to do from here? You're going to keep going south, or start exploring the area (and if so, where and how?)?
You've travelled about 15 miles of the 25 that the bandit said it would be, so you're maybe half way.

125Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Re-start
Hi:
Since we've traveled for 6 hours,
I should start looking for a good place to rest(Hi has many experiences in surviving), but still keep going south. I hope I can find a big cave or so

126Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:19 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yeah, let's keep going south and find a dry resting place

127Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:49 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
After a half hour search as you continue heading south, you find a mossy hole under a large oak tree, just on the edge of the forest to the west. It's a little wet from all the rain, but it looks to be mostly dry and suitable shelter for the four of you, if you huddle up closely. It's better than anywhere else you've seen, really. Anyone outside the hole would get a little wet, but the leaves from the surrounding trees block most of rain.

128Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Hi:
(Walking in the hole)
Nice hole! and it's a good timing to predict the tomorrow's weather(using survival)
btw I can find some fat rabbit for our dinner :P

129Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{Receive the survival checking results}
Hey guys, see what I found 2 fat rabbits for dinner! btw tomorrow will be a sunny day

(put the two adorable rabbits aside, and try to make fire)

130Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
There's not a whole lot of dry wood around, so lighting a fire will be difficult unless you could dry it out with the prestidigation spell somehow *cough*.

131Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:03 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: mh, I know a spell which can dry some wood. And ofc I would like to use it.

132Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:42 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
You now have a pleasantly warming campfire, and some nice tasty rabbits to eat =3. Haivy cooks them well, stewed with wild (non-toxic) mushrooms and herbs. By the time the meal is finished, the final glimer of sunlight fades out...
I take it that you will keep watch tonight as specified earlier? Sandron and Lydovec followed by Haivy and Lakatos or something?

Days of food left:
Sandron, Lydovec, Haivy: 5 each
Lakatos: about 0.5 [1 loaf of bread (slightly wet), some wine]

Oh, and Alby is (presumably) flying off to hunt some nice mice and doesn't need his own food supply.

133Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Oh yes, I will guard first. Haivy last?

Sandron, while guarding, starts to prepare his spells for tomorrow:

lvl 1: ray of enfeeblement and color spray
lvl 0: acid splash, ray of frost and prestidigation

So after my guard I wake up Lakatos or Lydovec - - - > good night  Sleepy 

...dreaming of:

Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Treasu10

134Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:51 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Zzzzzz........

135Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:08 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zzzzzz....

136Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:34 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

... *yaaawn*
While guarding I thinking why spellcasters need to rest so much to prepare thier spells ... Then I remembering that Lydovec is a spellcaster either so he will only guard the in the last 2 hours. !!
After my route end Im saying this to Hi, because I heard (in half-sleep) that Sandron changed the names.

137Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:14 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

(Hi slowly wake up and rub eyes)
Oh .... oh....zzzz....!!! Oh it's my turn?

(Lakatos tells Hi that guarding order is changed)
OK, I see, have a good dream, Lakatos.

138Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:58 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
The night is uneventful, and come morning, the sun is shining with nary a cloud to be seen. The dawn light catches remaining droplets of water on the mossy ground, making it seem almost as if it was sparkleing.
Your spells have been refreshed.
Since it's a page back now, here is your map:
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 G2-1_zps476d46b5
You're continuing to head south?

139Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:39 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

"Good morning guys."
"In my opinion we should travel to the south still for like 10 miles, and if we don't find 'em then we must search in the area, which isn't that good."

140Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:33 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Good morning everyone.
I am ready now, I can leave here anytime.
GO GO GO

141Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:14 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: What do you think comrades, who is the one of us with best scout talents, excepting Alby of course? I mean that one should ride ahead (to make his perception rolls). One solo rider is able to avoid being noticed too easily by accident I think.

142Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:47 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I think Hi got the best talents of preception.
Spoiler:

143Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:41 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Curiously, Hi, Lydovec and Lakatos all have the same bonus to perception.

{Game Text}
In the two hours it takes moving south about six miles along the edge of the forest, you come to a rugged, hilly area.
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 G2-2_zpsdeadb1aa
The sunshine is warm, and all the plant life looks green and healthy after the rain. Elks have left the shelter of trees and can be seen grazing in the distance.

144Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:10 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Elks

Might those bandits hunt here? (Hi sees the Elks and look around)
Let me go ahead to see whether there are some traces of hunting.

{Is there limitation time for stealth? }

145Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

There's no limitation time for stealth.
There's very little sign of any hunting going on. You find an old rusty bear trap, but otherwise nothing.

146Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

looks like they ain't in needing of hunting...in other words they might have enough food to keep themselves fed. Strange to say, in such weather like last 2 days they didn't need to hunt...I think we've to check the shelter to see if there's anything left from a camping fire for their food.

147Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Sounds good, I can go ahead first about 2 mile to find some clues, and you explore here?
Maybe they hunt in the more south area
If I don't come back in 1 hour, you can reason that there is dangerous ahead.

148Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

search? search!

149Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Haivy is currently off exploring the area and will let you know what she finds when she gets back. She's exploring a circular area of radius 2 miles centred on your current location.
What are the rest of you going to do?

Oh, and we're just about to hit 300 posts! I'm very happy =3. As thanks, I'll give you some extra activity points based on your total posts up to this point.

150Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Celebr10

...but quiet, don't wanna spoil the surprise^^

...and of course I am very cautious, always ready to be not too surprised if something happens^^

151Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm gonna help Hi with the search if possible

152Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Time passes....

Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy122ygU6GSGbXwUFnl-dU4uvYTEsp-GPMGPVyA3-nRtefZkFY5w

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum