The Yellow Wizard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Olde Roleplaying forum with ye tavern feele. Stay awhile, have an adventure

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingmaker Group 2

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

151Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 pm

baaron7

Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm gonna help Hi with the search if possible

152Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 am

Einstein

Adventurer
Adventurer

Time passes....

Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy122ygU6GSGbXwUFnl-dU4uvYTEsp-GPMGPVyA3-nRtefZkFY5w

153Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:35 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

(Hi came back to her partners a little later, and she met Lakatos on the half way)

Lakatos!
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 G2-2_z11
I found there are four human-shaped lizards, about here(The orange point on the picture)
I've first seen such creatures.... They have spears and armour and....... pulling some radishes happily. That makes them a little stupid and undangerous. I guess they are enjoy their radishes now. How do you think? Can we sneak attack them?

If Alby is here then he can help sending message to the team :D

154Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:36 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, Hi.

Unfortunately I didn't saw Alby, would've been much easier to communicate with the others...
So you've found lizards, eh? I wonder why they're there... I'm sure we can surprise 'em, maybe even sneak attack, but why would we fight with them? I mean I don't see the importance about having the lizards dead. I don't like lizard meat. Envy 
In my opinion we'd just waste time with fighting those creatures, but belie me.

155Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:57 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: I don't know, we have too few informations. I hate to hurt innocent ones. But... what if they are somehow connected to that bandits, maybe some kind of a cult or so? Ninja 
Nevertheless, in dubio pro reo, till we have evidence that they are doing something more evil than pulling radish, I would say we let em go. But maybe they know where those babndits are?

Last edited by Einstein on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I love the ninja emoticon)

156Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

You are right, I should't treat them as the members of bandits without any evidence.
I think we can go and talk to them, but their language is strange that I can't understand. Anyway, we can try some communicating by body language

157Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Suddenly realising I didn't pick languages for everyone :P Have now done so (and apparently everyone can speak Elven as well as Common). If you chose languages and I've just forgotten, sorry!

{Game text}
You head through the forest to the radish patch that Haivy found. Moving quietly, you all are undetected by the humanoid lizards.  They are now all splayed out on the ground, clutching swollen bellies and rubbing them contentedly.  The remnants of several large, white radishes lie haphazardly around the small clearing, although there are still plenty of them still in the ground.

{GM Note}
I have sent PMs to people who have special knowledge about the creatures.
Oh, and I've awarded the extra activity points. Extra points were equal to half your total number of posts at time of giving the points.

https://theyellowwizard.rpg-board.net

158Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: I can understand them, they speak a language called Draconia. Those radish are rare and they like them. I would say, we talk with those lizardmen. Maybe it is best if you stay out of sight first and when trouble arises you can use that to your advantage? If they are peacefull, you can follow me after a minute or so, ok?

159Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

OK, Good luck!

160Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:25 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I understand them either. I hope they can provide us useful informations.

161Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

Hey hey hey! hold on plz!
In my knowledge, they have their own religion that makes them bloodthirsty in some stage.
Did you see what's on their belt? I guess that's someone's bag same to the one on those bandits we just met. If what I guess is right, the reason there is no clue to any campfire might be ...those bandits didn't have enough time to set one at all, because they were under attack! I bet they are not as friendly as how we expect.
So I'll suggest to change our plan, don't let them notice us at all, or attack them directly.

162Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:29 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: (gulp) ok, than we need another plan... Sleep spell? Distraction? Too bad we have no poison, than it would be easy to poison those radish  Cool 

Anyways I ready my sabre  Ninja

163Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

My kama is ready too.  Ninja 

164Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:05 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

My kitchen knifes (daggers) are ready either. Just let me try to sneak behind 'em.
/using skill: stealth Ninja /

165Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:10 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Okay, I've put up a little map here, with your tenative postions on it, and monsters colour coded for your convinience. Please let me know if you can't edit this and move yourself around.
The reptiles haven't noticed you, and are still on the ground.
Whatever you do will surprise them, so move as you wish for now (although any attacks and dialogue I'll have to resolve before you know the outcome)

166Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

(Ready for my sleep spell and rapier)

167Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

(Hi keeps moving, when the distant is close enough, she throws out the alchemist's fire to the lizards, and jumps out from the grove)

I am ready to fight you! Come on!(Trying to attract all lizards' attention)

I am here

168Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Game text}
The vial of Alchemist's fire explodes over the green reptile, covering it in green flame. It shrieks with pain, and falls unconscious. It splashes over the remaining reptiles as well, causing them to gibber in alarm.

"Ase poist namlong jabber! Zek tu wasish kah!" One of them yells.

{Information}
Lydovec's sleep spell has a casting time of one round; it'll take a little while for it to go off.
Sandron has moved; is he attacking them as well?
Translations will be PMed shortly (Unless you just want me to assume that you're translating for everyone)

Oh, and I'm assuming that people will take attacks of opportunity whenever they come by (That is, you attack them if they leave themselves undefended)

169Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: When I have a nice line of sight on my chosen Lizzy I release (the Kraken^^) the ray of frost. Than I.... c h a r g e!!

170Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:01 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I speak to the blue lizard on his language: "Hey big lizzy I just stole a moonradish!"
/using skill: Bluff to feint/

Last edited by baaron7 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moonradish)

171Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:28 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I just use Flurry of Blows on the red lizard
"sorry to attack you, but it's necessary"
P.S what they said? :P

172Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{GM Notes}
Lakatos, you do realise that they're flat-footed already and you can sneak attack them without needing to feint? I'll let you redo that if that was unintentional... (although you did succeed if you don't change your mind)

{Game Text}
Haivy's first kama strike goes wide, but the second takes the red one in the side of the head. Blood gushes, and it crumples to the ground.
Sandron's chilling white bolt takes the yellow reptile square in the chest, putting out the fire caused by the Alchemist's fire. Ice forms over its chest, and it falls over on its face, alternating between gasping for air and cursing in Draconic (I'll leave this to your imagination rather than translating it :P). It's not unconscious, but it won't be doing any strenuous activity at any time soon.
The blue lizard, despite being on the ground, effortlessly blocks Sandron's sabre with its spear.

{Combat Notes}
Just waiting to adjust Lakatos' action, if necessary, and then the reptiles gets a go. Lydovec has identified them, but I notice he hasn't actually said much about them :P.

You might have noticed that I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to initiative; this is because the nature of the forum is such that battle flows much better and faster if you don't need to wait on a specific person to move at a specific time in the queue.

173Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:00 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

oh, ok im gonna attack the lizard which is at front of Sandron.

174Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Game Text}
Lakatos' twin daggers find their way unerringly to the remaining reptile's ateries. It crumples with a large spray of blood and lies unmoving on the ground.
The Alchemist's fire burns the green reptile for a little bit longer, then winks out, totally consumed.

{Combat notes}
Combat is over! Congratulations! You receive 100 XP each!

I'm cancelling Lydovec's spell since it is no longer necessary for him to cast it.

175Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yey! We killed 'em fast. I wonder what kind of equipments we can get from them.

176Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Technically, one's still alive and conscious (but too injured to do anything), and the other three are alive, but bleeding to death and unconscious. At least, they might be alive. You'd have to examine them to be sure. If you wanted to, you could stabilise them and question them.

They have the following gear:
4 small spears
4 suits of small leather armour
Lots of moonradishes

177Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: Fine! I use my healing skills to help.

178Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:15 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Since I don't understand their language ....
Let me sort out of these tasty radishes :P

179Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

They were in the belief that we came to steal that radish. Ok, I love well made horseradish with roasted meat, but moonradish? [Do I know anything bout that sort of radish?]
If anyone is conscious after my treatment, I would say we ask him where they came from and if they know anyything bout those bandits.

180Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Sandron checks over the reptiles, and discovers that the blue one that Lakatos attacked is dead. By the time he gets to the green one, it's died from its injuries. However, he does stop the red one bleeding, and the yellow one doesn't need tending.

Translating what the reptile says rather than sending PMs again...
"Stupid elf! Why me tell anything 'bout Bandits? Kobold Sootscale tribe will hunt-kill you for stealing precious Moonradishes!"

181Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

{discussing text}
I am not sure whether I know about this or not in the game :P
Moon radish, Is this?

182Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Heh, you found a plot spoiler thinggy :P

183Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:06 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

I think we'll won't get any info from it. I think we should continue the search for the bandits before it would be too late

184Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

So let's work separately?
Sandron and Lydovec can wait here and inquire some information(if they have),
hence the reptile seems weak now, I think he wouldn't attack San and Lydo.

According to Lydovec, they attacked some bandits, we can search the clues of the fight around here, like blood on the ground, or some broken branches, reasoning the bandit's escaping direction.

PS The moon radishes taste good :P

185Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:27 am

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sandron: Don't eat those radish, who knows to what the metabolism of these lizzards is able to? Maybe they are toxic for other humans? But yes, lets do it like you said.

186Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:13 am

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, lets search for clues, Hi
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Site-Icons-Search-Web

187Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:52 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Information}
Lakatos and Hi find tracks made by the reptiles coming from southeast by south (halfway between south and southeast [I hope that's the right terminology]). They also pick up some tracks made by bandits that seem to come from southwest by south. You can't find any trace of the fight between the bandits and lizards.

188Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

haha, I start to lose the direction :P
I guess they used to be here ... am I right?
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 G2-2_z12

Last edited by Daydream on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

189Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Bandits you're right about, the lizard people's direction should be rotated by about 60 degrees anticlockwise around the green spot (so it's at the bottom right corner of that hexagon)

190Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

I see, anyway we explore the southwest first :D

191Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

{Comments}
Come to think of it, at this rate I should get you lot making maps of the area :P
I've got your next map ready; I'll just wait for some more of the group to express an opinion (although I'm expecting them to agree with you). They might want to question the Lizard person a bit more first though, which is why I'm holding off for a little bit.
...Lydovec actually knows what the lizard people are called, but until he actually tells you I'm going to have to just keep calling them Lizard people :P

192Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

Ya those creatures are call Kobolds, it's so strange that they don't appear in a group but 4 only...anyway, let's see if we can get some useful information about the bandits...or maybe their companions.

Last edited by Quark on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : GM Edit: That's Kobolds, not Lizardmen.)

193Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

You can ask them if they made any deal with bandits, it seems that they didn't fight with each other.

194Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have an idea, but I would need more information to be sure. Yes, maybe the bandits had a deal with the kobolds and got sth from those in return for showing them this radish patch?

I collect some radish and go to a kobolds. I say "Eat" and point my sabre on his chest. (I want him to eat a good amount of these radish while I am watching him for any changes) Ninja

Last edited by Einstein on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I love the ninja emoticon and changed to kobolds)

195Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

About the Radishes:
The Kobold looks at you mournfully, and shakes his head
"Me would love eat more, but me has eaten muchmuch already. If me eats more, me will burst!"

About the Bandits:
"Deal? Sootscales have no deal with human bandits! They is mean and kills Sootscales! We are lucky and not see human bandits when we come."

{GM Notes}
Lydovec tells me that he's going to find it hard to get internet access over the next few days, so I'll control his character in battle if necessary and provide information that he knows until he gets back. Just copying the information I gave him about the situation...

Quark wrote:The creatures are Kobolds. They're nasty little creatures usually, and don't like non-Kobolds. They claim to be decended from dragons, but the connection is dubious at best. They're quite fragile, but have fast reflexes. They speak only Draconic, usually. Sadly, Lydovec has no knowledge of Draconic.

As for the things they're eating, they are known as Moonradishes. They're a local delicacy, and rare in this area. A patch this size is unusual. Kobolds love them.
I didn't include it because I didn't feel it necessary, but the moonradishes are perfectly safe to eat. They're mildly spicy and stimulating. The Kobolds have just gorged themselves on them to the extent that they find it hard to move.

196Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:04 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

So these Kobolds had no deal with the bandits... That means we will have difficult time fighting with those bandits. We lost the fire potion and a spell from Sandron. Hmm not a big loss. At least we got Lydovec's sleep.

Allright, let's search more deeply at south-southwest.

{Off}

I belive its written like this (the directions) like I did it in my last sentence. The other direction would be south-southeast. And yeah, my character is bad at directions...  Facepalm

Sad to hear that about Lydovec, I hope his problem will get solved quickly.

197Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:24 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

Leaving the wounded Kobolds behind (but not their stuff), you follow the Bandits' tracks to the south-southwest. It is now midday, and the sun is shining down through the gaps in the leaves of the trees.
Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 G2-3_zps512c758b
After a 2 hour walk/ride, you begin hearing some rustling from the area ahead. Almost immediately, a group of three bandits crash out of the undergrowth!

Click Me!

{Combat Log}
The Blue bandit curses loudly, draws his shortsword and tries to stab Sandron, but even caught off guard, Sandron easily dodges it.
The Red bandit moves as shown, draws his shortsword and also tries to stab Sandron, but fares no better than the Blue bandit.
The Green Bandit just gawps in surprise at your sudden appearance.

Lydovec pulls out his Lute and begins playing an uplifting tune about a group of four explorers who defeated a group of Bandits.

{Combat Information}
Moving through the trees is difficult terrain, and it costs twice as move movement to get through it.
The Bandits won on initiative, so they got to go first (Luckily to no effect).
Lakatos had a good enough stealth roll that he has managed to remain unseen.

198Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 am

Daydream

Daydream
Great Adventurer
Great Adventurer

Haiay run into the bandits, uses Flurry of Blows on blue bandit
(Acrobatics have any effect here? like moving fast so bandit can't react to my attack)

199Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 am

Mister Dicey

Mister Dicey
Yellow Wizard

You can use acrobatics to dodge past the enemies without them being able to attack you as you move.

{Combat log}
Haivy tumbles between the bandits' legs to emerge unscathed on the other side of them. Her two Kama lash out at the blue bandit, hitting once in his back and another time in the side of his neck. He crumples with a groan, and falls unconscious.

...to put the link on this page again...

Click me!

200Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Einstein

Einstein
Adventurer
Adventurer

Of couse I try to hit the next bandit with my sabre. No spells atm.

201Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:49 pm

baaron7

baaron7
Adventurer
Adventurer

Move (acrobatics if needed) & attack (flanking the red bandit)

202Kingmaker Group 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kingmaker Group 2 Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Lydovec

Lydovec
Regular

full the string and ready to throw a bullet to the target...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum